~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Fare!

It is finally Friday and we are headed into a relaxing weekend.  We haven't had one of those in a long time.  As a matter of a fact, my kids know they had better leave us alone Saturday morning when they climb out of bed and stumble around in the dark.  They can get up early, but Nurse Boy and I will not be joining them!

This is also the weekend that signals the end of daylight savings time.  We are supposed to eagerly set our clocks back an hour as we lay our heads down on Saturday night.  We are then supposed to go to bed believing that we will wake up in well rested bliss since we have been given the precious gift of an extra hour of sleep.  What a great theory.  And, if you subscribe to that theory, YOU DON'T HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN IN YOUR HOME.  All I know is I haven't enjoyed my extra hour for the entire 10 plus years that I have been a parent.  Instead of my children waking up in a glorious mood at the early hour of 7 AM, they will now emerge from their beds in a grumpy, groggy state at the ridiculous hour of 6 AM (or earlier!).  We will all resemble grumpy bears and our house will resemble a dark cave.  Daylight savings, I already miss you.  And, to those of you that will enjoy an extra hour of glorious sleep:  I don't want to hear about it!  Keep it to yourself and no one will get hurt.

Moving on... (The bitterness only lasts for about a week...)

I have gotten out of the habit of posting a recipe on Fridays, so I am going to try to get back into the groove.  This challenges me to continue to search for new favorite recipes.  Today I am going to share a recipe that has one of my favorite ingredients in it:  PUMPKIN.  I simply cannot get enough! 

Applesauce Pumpkin Muffins


Ingredients:
1 box spice cake mix
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1/3 cup applesauce
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Gently mix all ingredients together.  Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

These are a hit around here.  They are great for breakfast and snacks.  Plus, they just scream fall to me.

Have a wonderful weekend.  Here's hoping someone out there gets to enjoy their extra hour in the form of sleep!

7 comments:

Suz said...

I am so hungry right now. I could eat the screen. Looks delicious.

I need to send you the pumpkin waffle cookie recipe, yummy.

Luvs

Suz

Boy Mom said...

Yum! Yum! and Yum! If I were a good Mommy I'd go home from my graveyard shift and make these for my boys for Saturday breakfast then tundle off to bed. I bet they are heavenly with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Have you tried the pumpkin cream cheese from Einstien Bagels? (No this computer doesn't spell check so Einstien and several other words are most likely wrong)

I just realized it will feel like I'm going into work an hour early...GRRRRR!

Shana Putnam said...

Yep I am so there with you on the waking up earlier. Blaze will be completely thrown off. This recipe sounds really good too. Are you the one who posted the pumpkin cake thingy with just the cake mix and pumpkin, i can't find it lol.

Jewel said...

Hey, Mrs. NB! I made the pumpkin cake you posted awhile back and it was scrumptious and I am sure that I'll be making these muffins, too! Thanks for sharing!!!
And I'm with ya on the time change, though we don't have little ones running around here in the mornings any more. :-)

Rachel said...

Ahh, that extra hour just mocks me when my kiddo doesn't get the memo...

Those muffins look delish - though I can't make them because SOMEBODY keeps bogarting all the spice cake mixes at our local stores! *eek!*

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

You can reset the clocks but you can't reset the dog. He was up at the normal time (which is now 4 AM) to go out.

The muffins look really tasty. Warm muffins with a tall glass of milk. Yum.

an encourager said...

It's that pumpkinny season; I just made mini pumpkin muffins earlier this week. Yum! And kids... I can't wait till I have grandkids screaming, MIMI, and messing up everything. :)