We all dream of a day spent in bed. No interruptions. Good reading material. The TV remote cradled in our hand. Just a lazy-daisy day lounging in bed, curled up in between some flannel sheets.
I, too, have had this dream. It seemed... well... dreamy. Until it came true.
Last Thursday a nasty, evil GI virus, straight from the depths of hell, landed me in bed for 4 days straight. I haven't felt that bad in a long time! I think it ranks a close second to the summer I had mono. Yep. That bad.
Anyway, I made a few observations and came to some conclusions during my 4 day stay in the master suite...
(In no particular order)
1. My husband is a fabulous father. He doesn't fair nearly as well as Mr. Mom.
2. My cell phone came in handy when everyone forgot about Mom being banished to her room. I may or may not have abused my privileges.
3. I should own stock in Clorox Wipes.
4. Somehow the kids got to school (on time?), had on clean clothes (so they tell me?), and completed their homework (the report card doesn't lie, so time will tell).
5. Mr. Mom thinks ordering in is cooking.
6. My family thinks cleaning is overrated.
7. I am, apparently, the only one who knows where the vacuum is located. (It probably doesn't help that I refer to it as my hunky blond "friend", Derek.)
8. Stupid laundry did NOT take a vacay while I was stuck in bed.
9. My husband will ALWAYS come home from the grocery store with an industrial sized box of sugar cereal. Probably Lucky Charms. The kids will only eat the marshmallows. It really helped to balance out their diet of takeout dinners.
10. My family did miss me. My family really does need me. I am glad to be back to doing my job so Nurse Boy can do his. He is good at his and I am good at mine. Except when I'm not.
Here's hoping my family will soon "un"ground me from my cell phone privileges!
1 day ago