~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Open Heart

It seems like a lot has happened since the last time I posted. I posted about my dad, and he recently had a tripple bypass. He had some indigestion at night and some tightness in his chest when walking up the driveway with the paper in the morning. He cassualy mentioned this to the doctor after tax season was over of course. That led to a normal EKG. That led to an abnormal stress test. That led to a worrisome cardiac catheterization. He had a 98% blockage in his left main cardiac artery. They call that the widowmaker. You don't survive that heart attack. He had a tripple bypass on Sunday, and is now home on Wednesday. He is a stud.

When at home before the trip to Indy I walked into Sweat Pea's room and she is lying on her back with with her finger in her nose. She lifts her finger toward me and says, "a yucky. I'm pooppy!" I think she was asking for her Mother.

We made it to Indy in 8 1/2 hours. The kids were awesome. The wife and I were whiny. I can't wait. In 8 years Dimples will be driving and I will sit in the back and watch a movie. It will have to be an action flick. The drive to Indy will be much better then. I will ask is we are out of Kansas City yet when we are still in our own neighborhood. Revenge will be sweat.

1 comment:

Chaos-Jamie said...

Welcome home, Nurse Boy, we missed you. (And you crack me up!)