Mrs. Nurse Boy here.
It is Monday. Enough said, right? Sweet Pea and I are staying home to nurse our little Bruiser. He is under the weather today. I pray he is the last one to drop and we can start enjoying this beautiful spring weather.
Time for some of my Monday randomness...
* Last week I bought a new pair of "sporty" flip flops to go with my stay-at-home-mom uniform. They gave me a blister. And, yet, I keep slipping them on as I head out the door. You would think I would learn. Apparently, I am a very slow learner. Or lazy. I'll call it loyal.
* Is it ever possible to deep clean your home when you have children? I find it maddening to thoroughly clean one room, only to walk into a disaster zone in the very next room. I think I will finally get the house clean in 2020.
* Last week, Nurse Boy and Dimples were home sick for several days. Fevers, congestion, and ear infections were running a muck throughout our home. They woke up Saturday morning claiming to be back to normal.
* I celebrated by asking them to do some much needed yard work that I had been avoiding. I am not sure they appreciated my excitement.
* Is there anything sweeter than the sight of a man doing yard work?
*Yes! Cooking dinner... but I wasn't going to press my luck.
* Am I the only one who can't watch cooking shows with male chefs because it could be considered cheating on my husband? I suddenly find them very attractive as I in vision my husband coming home from work, heading straight to the kitchen, throwing on an apron, and making a healthy, well balanced meal for the entire family... while cleaning up the kitchen as he prepares the meal... What? It could happen!
* OK, not as long as I am married to Nurse Boy. And, sense I plan to stay married to him, I must not watch the likes of those handsome male chefs luring me all over the cable channels. Must. Turn. The. Channel.
* While Nurse Boy and Dimples were celebrating their new found energy, Bruiser started complaining of a headache and sporting a fever of his very own.
*Of course, we discovered Bruiser's fever AFTER he came home from his soccer game where he dominated with 5 goals! OK, he is 7, "dominated" may be a bit of an exaggeration. But, considering he had a fever all the while, "dominated" might actually fit what he did that morning.
*So, to recap, we had 4 visits to Urgent Care, 3 visits to the pharmacy, 3 sick boys, and 2 healthy girls last week. I pray it stops there!
6 hours ago