~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Friday, January 14, 2011

Dusting Off the Friday Fare!

Yep.  I am going to start posting some of our favorite recipes once again.  I enjoy writing them down for my kids.  Hopefully it will bring back memories when they read these posts.  Hopefully they will be positive memories, not the kind of memories that has them seated all alone at the kitchen table with a plateful of cold broccoli.  Or, in my case, memories of their brother still sitting at the kitchen table with a cold plate of anything green long into the wee hours of the night. Ha!

This has been a bit of a crazy week.  We started off the week with 7 inches of snow and 2 snow days for the kids.  This week I have seen my fair share of sleds and wet socks, gloves, and undies.  Yes, undies.  I love how boys view an open area of white snow as uncharted territory to be explored.  As in every. single. square. inch.  Oh, and making the perfect snowball is an art form. If they only viewed laundry as an art form.  As in washing, folding, and putting it away.

Needless to say, the washing machine and I were ready for them to go back to school.

Since it has been bitterly cold, I have turned on my oven for a little baking fun.  Here is a recipe that is a new favorite around here:

Apple Spice Snack Cake



Ingredients:
1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 package sugar free instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cup natural applesauce
4 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 or 3 tart apples, peeled and chopped (add after the batter is mixed)


Throw everything in one bowl and mix well.  Gently stir in the apples last.

Place the batter in a greased 13x9 pan.  Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.


This is the perfect snack cake.  It isn't too sweet and is delicious served warm or cold.  It is the perfect homemade after school  treat when I'm feeling a little June Cleaver like... minus the pearls... and the never ending patience.  I guess I would have a lot more patience if all of our problems were solved in 30 minutes flat.  Ha!  If only...

Have a wonderful weekend!  Come back next week... I have a giveaway!!

6 comments:

Jewel said...

Yayyy! I am so glad that Friday Fare and YOU are back!! And thanks for another yummy recipe!! :-)

Rachel said...

For the first time ever on your blog, I don't have to say that that looks delicious. Because I know that it TASTES delicious! This is a favorite here too! :)

Boy Mom said...

I'm so glad Friday Fare is dusted off. I have a love affair with anything apple. It looks heavenly.

Chrisi and Silas said...

OH FRIDAY FARE - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! Perhaps ou should also start a column called MONDAYS MUNCHIES - all snacks. I think it's a FABULOUS idea, who's with me?!?!

He & Me + 3 said...

I would love some of that please. Looks so yummy.

Suz said...

Box me up some please. Looks so good. Sorry I haven't been by. Don't feel bad I have been by any others either, nor have I been blogging.

I feeling like I need a pedicure!

Luvs

Suz