~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday's Random Musings

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

Time for some random thoughts...

**Yesterday, it was 62 degrees when we piled into the car at 9:00 AM to drive to church for the Christmas program. The evening ended with a freezing rain/snow mix and temps in the teens. This morning it was 3 degrees. 3! Have I mentioned how much I hate winter? That is just mean!

**My nine year old likes his football. Yesterday, he was watching one game on TV while tracking another one on the Internet. All. By. Himself. He is only nine. I, of course, hate football and cannot believe he is my son. Nurse Boy is so proud. My Dad said he always thought Dimples was going to be a pastor but he now thinks he might be a bookie when he grows up. I was hoping for something a little more, well, respectable.

**I still do not have my Christmas cards finished. This is the latest I have ever drawn this project out. My dining room table is in a very sorry state.

**I sent Nurse Boy to the store this weekend. With a very long list. He took about twice as long as I would have and he took a nap afterwards. I have to do this kind of stuff to him every now and again in hopes that he will appreciate all that I do around here. And, why I always seem to return from the store in a mood that does not fit well with the holiday spirit. There is nothing merry or jolly about the grocery store this time of year. I don't care how loud you pipe that Christmas music over the loud speakers. I want to be sitting by my Christmas tree and sipping hot chocolate while listening to "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas...," not in aisle 7 with the lady that has no control over her 14 kids that are fighting over who gets to pick out the cereal for the next week.

**My two year old has learned the phrase, "I do it!" But, you see, that would be great if she actually did things all by herself when it would be helpful. Like when I am cooking dinner. Or, maybe sneaking in an adult conversation on the phone. Or, scrubbing the toilets. Oh, no! She can't do anything by herself then. She screams, "I do it!" to me in the mornings. When we have to get the boys to school. On time. And, none of us are really morning people. Sweet Pea takes FOREVER to get dressed on her own. I can get her dressed in one minute flat. Mornings are really turning out to be a lot of fun around here! Nurse Boy is thrilled that his is out of here well before the light of day. If he isn't, he should be...

Time to finish those cards...AGAIN...

6 comments:

mommy4life said...

Sorry about that cereal aisle incident, I just couldn't control them. You know four seems like 14 when they argue....

Anonymous said...

At least you HAVE your Christmas cards. Mine are still safely at Sam's Club's photo center waiting for me to pick them up.

I had to drag MotH to the store with me through my pregnancy (not allowed to lift stuff). By the time we would get to frozen foods, he'd be mumbling under his breath.

And heaven forbid I decided to compare prices. He's a grab-it-and-dash kind of shopper (which also explains why his Christmas shopping motto is "If it can't be purchased at Kohls, it will not be purchased.").

Not a lot of patience for shopping. Of any kind. Unless it's at the hobby store. Lots of patience for that.

Of course I'm not much better. I have been known to drive into a parking lot, see that it's packed, turn around and go back home. Despite the fact that it means we eat saltines and a can of tuna for dinner.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

O.K., here is the whole truth. I did go to the grocery store yesterday, and yes it did take me much longer than it would take the Mrs., but it was not as bad as she made it out to be. I did lay down and took a power nap, but her nap was exactly 27 longer than mine. Also, it snowed yesterday. No freezing rain, Mrs. Leezak(Gary Leezak is a local alarmist weather man). Also, I am proud of dimples. I was able to call him while at the store to get the update on my Colts, and those horrible Cheifs. That's right, he was following the Colt's game online since the local TV thought we might want to watch the local losers instead.
NB

On Stage said...

Hi. I love your blog! I'd like to read more but it's bathtime here and the natives are getting restless.

Anyway, I feel like I am reading about the Stage Family (my family). My husband goes to the store and takes FOREVER to return and then is "finished" for the day. The trips to the salon for highlights and lowlights (high end shampoo is the only thing I splurge on for myself). It sounds like Mrs. Nurseboy was a teacher... me too! I stay at home with the kids now but really miss the classroom.

Like I said, great blog... going to bookmark it now!

Boy Mom said...

Cards, that's another thing to add to my list.

Do you think little girls have more "I do it" genes than boys? It sure seems that way when I tend little girls.

You two are so cute I love the way you comment on each others posts!

Good luck getting it all done.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I must have some misplaced genes, because I love to shop. My wife on the other hand...