Spring Break~~ Day 1
Today we slept in a little (YAY!) and met some new friends at a children's wonderland...
The place was full of inflatables and tunnels. The kids had a ton of fun, ran off a lot of energy, and bonded with some wonderful new friends.
The best part? I bonded with some new friends as well.
While we were at this fabulous play place, I made a few random observations:
* No matter how much you feed your kids before leaving the house, they will constantly harass you for food as soon as you arrive at your destination.
* Prepare to be interrupted every 5 seconds when chatting with your friends.
* The deeper the conversations, the more the interruptions.
* Your children will start asking to leave approximately one hour after arriving, only to announce they are BORED as soon as they walk into the house.
* There is always a bully in every crowd. A bully who seems to have been dropped off and abandoned. Seriously, WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS??!!
* If you look hard enough, you will always find some other kids acting up more than your own. Is it wrong that that somehow makes me feel a little better as a parent? I guess it shouldn't, since you are probably looking at my kids and thinking the same thing.
* If it is a place that requires the kids to take off their shoes, plan to spend the last half hour searching for matching pairs. (While the children sit and watch your frantic search because "they are sooooo tired and hungry.)
All in all, it was a fun day. I am proud to say that I wore the kids out! And, that has been a challenge since the weather here has been cool, gloomy, and wet. Nothing at all like SPRING. Oh, wait. It isn't spring yet. Why in the world do we have "Spring" Break in the winter?? But, then again, what do I know? I just pay taxes around here.