Mrs. Nurse Boy here.
It is Monday, so I am going to dust off the ol' blog and share some of my random thoughts about our broken spring. It was such a long, cold, snowy winter that I just can't believe that spring isn't cooperating. That is, until this week. At least that is what they are forecasting this week. Rumor has it that spring will finally arrive. But, honestly, what do they know anyway?
Time will tell.
In the meantime, I will share some randomness with you...
* Despite all of my protests, it can snow in spring. We got 9 inches on the first day of spring. How rude!
* Soccer season officially began 2 weeks ago. Our boys have yet to play a single game. Spring hates us and keeps raining or snowing on our fields.
* My flip flops still haven't seen the light of day.
* I LOVE to wear flip flops, but they are still collecting dust in my closet due to the cool weather. I miss them more than you know.
* My toes haven't seen the light of day since November.
* Must get a pedicure. SOON.
* I always know it is officially spring in my home when I spot muddy footprints starting at the front door and leading all the way up the stairs to the boys' room.
* We NEVER wear shoes in the house.
* Of course, the ONLY time the kids break that rule is when their shoes are COVERED with mud.
* You may think we have that rule because we have nice carpet in our home. Ya know, clean and well maintained. I wish. But, one time we were at the soccer fields when I witnessed a boy throwing up on the sidelines. During the next hour I must have watched 80 people (unknowingly) walk right through the vomit. Now I mean business when I tell my kids to take those bad boys off! They really have NO idea where those shoes have been. Yuck!
Happy Monday! Here's hoping I can dust off my flip flops this week!
21 hours ago