It is Monday, yet again. The boys have the day off, so we spent the day being lazy. I got "all crazy" and let them play video games... for as long as they wanted. It amazes me just how long they will sit there and stare at the screen, pushing buttons, and talking to the cartoon images on the TV. I am pretty sure they lost a few brain cells today. Oh, well. We all needed a lazy day. Mine was spent folding an abnormal amount of laundry. I think I, too, lost a few brain cells.
Time for some randomness..
* I love listening to Sweet Pea sing "Hallelujah" repeatedly while dancing around the living room with her arms raised to the heavens.
* It is almost as entertaining as me trying to spell "hallelujah." Seriously.
* Spell check was invented just for me. You are welcome.
* I may be a "retired" elementary school teacher, but I have never been able to spell to save my life.
* Nurse Boy is of no help to me in this area. He, too, struggles with spelling.
* Miraculously, both of our boys are awesome at spelling, no thanks to us.
* It is officially fall now that I have some bright yellow mums sitting on my front porch.
* I am celebrating fall by searching for pumpkin recipes. I simply cannot get enough pumpkin this time of year. It is my obsession.
* Don't even get me started on candy corn and peanuts. So good. And, pretty.
* This weekend we had a garage sale. I can't even to begin to explain the rush I get every. single. time. someone pays me for something I almost threw away. I LOVE to purge! Love, love, love it! The fact that I get to make a little cash makes it even more delightful!
* Some neighbor boys came inside the house today and reported that our house smells like "candy." I guess my new apple cider candles are actually hiding the cat box smell. I am always afraid our house smells like a huge cat box. YUCK!
* Last night, we spent the evening sitting around our fire pit. Drinking homemade hot chocolate on a crisp fall evening while sitting around a fire with my family is definitely a little slice of heaven. Loved. It.
Happy Fall, Y'all!!
19 hours ago