~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Monday, December 14, 2009

Bright Lights, Full Tummies

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.
In honor of one of our favorite holiday seasons, I am going to take the next week or two to post some of our favorite things about this time of year as well as some of our family traditions.
Every year we surprise the kids with our annual Christmas Light Drive By. The kids get into a cozy pair of pajamas and we hit the drive thru. Since we let them pick, we usually end up in the McDonald's drive thru.
Next, we hit our favorite neighborhoods. We drive around while enjoying our dinner in our warm, comfy pajamas. We crank up the Christmas music and enjoy our time together. We all look forward to our annual evening.


Here they are... READY to go!



Come on, Mom. Let's GO!



Sweet Pea had to bring a baby along for the ride.

Here they are enjoying their dinner.





We found a local business that puts their lights to music. We parked across the street and watched the lights for a long time. You can barely see the lights behind Sweet Pea's head.

This is where I lost control.


It only got worse from here. I will spare you the rest of the pictures. But, we did have fun!

I hope you all are enjoying this fabulous time of year!

15 comments:

Emily said...

I can't wait until my kids are a little older so we can do that! I love looking at lights! And Sweet Pea's seat is so cool...is it built into the car?!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

#1 The snow is cool. Your techno genious continues to amaze me.

#2 You forgot to tell them how we made it to McDonald's twice. The second time we went in and Dimples was soooo emarased because he had PJ's with a hole in them. He was trying to blend in and not be noticed, so his brother Bruiser helped by droping his shake in the middle of the resteraunt. The workers tried really hard not to notice. Bruiser picked it up and started drinking again and in order to conceal the mess he put a "slipery when wet" sign on top of the frozen mess. Dimples and I laughed for a half an hour about that.

Mr. NB

Jewel said...

Love your snow, Mrs. NB!! :-) Well, I can see that there is never a dull moment with your gang! LOL
We've always gone to look at lights, though after our son got married and I was disabled we didn't but I told Ed that we would have to this year. He doesn't care to but does it because he knows how much I enjoy it. We may take little Jaylon this year, though I don't know how much he would enjoy it. AND I would have to hold him on my lap, you know! ;-)

Brandi said...

Yep, when hubby gets silly all hope of control is lost. Might as well join 'em! ;)

Kmama said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I wish more people would decorate around us. Less than half of our neighborhood decorates. It makes me sad.

Sheila said...

how fun! :) love your traditions, I may have to adopt some of my own! love the snow too! how'd you do that?

Jillian said...

So cute!! And how did you get that snow on your blog?? FUN!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Love your tradition! We just got your Christmas card today-SO cute!! Merry Christmas!!!

Michelle said...

I love all your traditions! You gusy are so fun... late night ice cream runs in the summer, pajama rides with dinner and lights in the winter! I can't wait to see what other traditions y'all have!

And what is that carseat thing? I want to know too!

Blessings,
Michelle

Boy Mom said...

Great idea, except for the drive-thru which in my car full runs 50+ dollars, we'll have to settle for Mom-thru, but there is this park in a town south of us that has the most amazing lights show.

You have the neatest traditions.

Suz said...

The snow is amazing, but more amazing is the fact that Sweet Pea has a matching bow for her PJ's.

Great traditions!!!

Thanks for the card.

Luvs

Suz

Kari said...

We drive around every year to look at lights too BUT we never have hit a drive thru first. We will this year!

Your McD's still uses the boxes for the happy meals????? we get them in bags here :o(

Mummy McTavish said...

I think we are going Christmas lighting this weekend!!!! I get a little excited about it... then it ends up with kids complaining about something but I insist we keep the tour going anyway because the next house might be the most spectacular in town... you just never know!

Is Nurse Boy going to frame that photo for beside your bed? He's a keeper that one is!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That would be such a blast! My husband talked about doing that this year! I think we will take your lead on it and go for it!

Mrsbear said...

What a fun idea!