Mrs. Nurse Boy here.
Boy Mom shared 10 of her favorite things that start with the letter "A" last week. I asked to join in on the fun. I was assigned the letter "F." So, my ten favorite things that begin with the letter "F" are...
1. FAITH...in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without him, nothing I have or do would amount to much of anything. He came into my life when I was 22 years old. My life was radically changed. I will never turn back.
2. FAMILY...All of them. Even the crazy ones. Yes, we have some crazies. And, no, we aren't the crazy ones. Or, are we? (Seriously, we both have awesome parents. That always gives you a firm foundation, and for that I am so very grateful.)
3. FRIENDS...We are blessed with some awesome friends. I have so many friends who are willing to listen to me talk. THAT is a skill all in itself, people! Thank you, friends. We are better people with all of you in our lives!
4. FUNNY KIDS...Seriously, people who don't have children must laugh only half as much as we do! Kids are so funny! We are constantly holding back the laughter, even when we are disciplining our children. Don't get me wrong. They are ornery, but they crack me up.
5. FAMILY DEVOTIONALS...I love it each night when we come together as a family to pray, read the BIBLE, and discuss the Word. It really brings us closer and always lets us know what is on our kid's minds. It is a peaceful time (except when I am threatening Sweet Pea who doesn't know what a whisper is and is still trying to define the word "listen"). I plan to post more on this later, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorite times of the day.
6. Our FURRY Cat...OK, so I was a little "creative" with this "F" word. Our cat, Mocha, is creeping up on 17 years. He once was a beautiful Seal Point Himalayan. My father says it stands for, "Him-a-layin" Old age has only made that more true. He has had surgery on both of his ears. They now look like he has been mauled by a dog. And, he is balding. Just like an old man (and, NO, I am not calling you old, Dad). He is no longer that pretty young cat I brought home fresh out of college. He no longer has fleas either, so I guess some changes are for the better. He was our baby for so many years and we know his days with us are numbered. The kids find the old cat to be incredibly boring and are already planning on getting a dog as soon as Mocha's body is lifeless. HOW RUDE! And, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
7. FACEBOOK...Yeah, I have to admit I am slightly addicted. It is a glimpse into people's lives. I just can't keep myself from snooping around. And, technically, I'm not snooping. I am invited to browse through people's lives, updates, and photos. I'll admit it is a time waster. Hey, lucky me, I have some time to waste!
8. FRESHLY Laundered Laundry...folded and NEATLY put away by anyone else but me! (A little more creativity on my part.)
9. My FREAKISHLY Hot Chi...My sister in law gave me my Chi (and, no, you cannot have her, she is all mine). It is one of my favorite things I own. I love it! It does get REALLY hot and I am pretty sure I shouldn't be frying my hair like a panini everyday, but I am addicted. It can tame my frizzes and they must be tamed. The world is a better place now.
10. FOTOS...What, you mean I spelled that wrong? Oh, I don't think so. I love taking fotos and reminiscing over old fotos. As a matter of a fact, it is the hobby I always wanted to take up. Someday, I am going to purchase a nicer camera and learn how to play. The passion is there, the skill is not. Not yet, at least.
OK, so does anyone else want to play? Come on! You know you do! Let me know in the comments, and I'll assign you a letter.
No pressure, though.
12 hours ago