~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday's Random Musings

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

My random thoughts and mutterings while at the grocery store this afternoon:

*I hope it doesn't start to rain while I am in the store.

*Who am I kidding? I hope it doesn't rain the rest of the month. If it keeps raining, I might consider building an ark...

*Why must I shop with my 3 year old?

*I can't wait for watermelon season!

*Sweet Pea, do not make fun of the bald baby. And, do you know how to whisper?

*An employee just asked ME where the mayo is! OK, so he was 16, but STILL. (And, for the record, it is in aisle one next to the salad dressings. Duh.)

*Why must my 3 year old visit EVERY public restroom? Sometimes I think potty trained kids are overrated. OK, just when it gets in the way of my agenda.

*Sweet Pea, PLEASE use your inside voice.

*I just asked my 3 year old if she wanted a spanking. I know, I know. Dumb question. What would I do if she said, "Yes?" Feel free to nominate me for parent of the year.

*5! DOLLARS! for a box of Honey Bunches of Oats! Yikes!

*Very clever marketing. Toys in the cereal aisle. Not finding the humor in this.

*BACON. Need I say more? (Why must something that tastes so good be so bad?)

*It is official. I cannot control a kiddie "truck" cart. Why do I let Sweet Pea talk me into these things?

*Why are everyone else's kids sitting so quietly in their carts and peacefully watching everything?

*I wonder if that lady who refuses to stop coughing all over the produce has the Swine flu? Huh. No apples for us today.

*I said, INSIDE VOICE! Oops, I mean, please use your inside voice.

*Almost forgot my prescription of Dove Dark Chocolates. Yes, I should only have to pay the copay for these yummy morsels. Have you seen how much they cost?!

*How much did you say the total was?! Are you taking applications?

I think it might be time for a nap...

Don't forget to come back this week for some funny "replays" from our earlier days of blogging!

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Boy Mom said...

Ahh the grocery store! This post had me laughing till I went a little. What is it about grocery stores that turn average children in to wild little monsters? I always figure if the store is going to put candy and toys in the checkout aisles I will happily hand them a half opened slobbery pack of candy and give them a little taste of their actions.

Anonymous said...

They know the grocery is our week spot.

I used to say (okay, still say) "do we need to go to the bathroom?!" to AM. This was code for "if I have to take you to the bathroom, you will be spanked".

To this day that is all he remembers about our train trip to Chicago (the trip to the bathroom).

Oh, and I hate going to the grocery store.

And you aren't the only one that can't drive the truck-carts. I swear you need a CDL for one. It's like trying to push a lame Pinto (car, not a horse) through the aisles.

I was a mean mom and usually said "no". H-A-T-E-D them. I feel reasonably sure that AM will grow up and try to use them for his children, then understand why mean ol' mom refused.

Sheila said...

LOL....loved the post. Glad to know I'm not alone. I hate taking my kids to the grocery store. It is just a nightmare!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

...those thoughts are why I send my dear Husband-I can't get through the store with the kids-I may have a nervous breakdown!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I have no problems taking my children to the store. Then again, they're both in their late 20's. My wife has trouble taking me to the store. But then again, she HATES shopping. Not me, I love to shop.

Mummy McTavish said...

Oh thank you for the reminder why I blew off the shopping this afternoon... until tomorrow. I loved the post.

I refuse to push the big trolleys with the big plastic DOUBLE kids seat on it that my little terrors want. "I already have to stand and extra foot away from the handle I am not going to do that AND try to manouver a roller coaster around the shop" The kids now ask for the "roller coaster trolley". Once I have this baby I'll just tie the two big ones outside to a pole and take the screaming infant in with me. and why is the wide checkout aisle for prams and wheelchairs always LOADED with lollies and chocolates? Ugh, I need a break after just thinking about groceries... if only we didn't need to eat tomorrow.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

There are children who sit quietly in their carts? I need that child. I'd like that instead of saying "sit down. Sit down. Sit DOOOOWWWWN!" 15 or 16 times in the ten minutes it takes me to get some milk and bread (and every other thing that child has pulled off the shelf and put into mommy's cart or already opened, so it has to be bought.)