~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday's Random Musings

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

This weekend was one of soccer games, birthday parties, church, and Mother's Day. I even took a nap on Sunday! So here are some of my random thoughts from the weekend:

~~~~~~~~~~
Nurse Boy tried really hard to bless me this weekend. On Saturday, he took it upon himself to get the laundry caught up. He recruited the boys to help fold and put the laundry away. After about the fourth load, Bruiser couldn't handle it anymore. He exclaimed, "ANOTHER load of laundry?! This place is KILLING me!" (You are preaching to the choir, Bruiser. Preaching to the choir...)

~~~~~~~~~~
I took Sweet Pea to a birthday party this weekend. She was so excited and talked about it all week long. Once we we there, she was shy and quiet. But, while we were watching this little three year old unwrap her presents, Sweet Pea was eyeing the cake. She suddenly whispered in my ear, "Mommy, I want some cake in my mouth."

~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday afternoon, Dimples asked Nurse Boy if he was taking them to Jared's. As in, the national jewelry chain. I love that kid! Of course, Mommy wants diamonds for Mother's Day. OK, so Jared's does have a fabulous play area and free chocolate chip cookies. It may not have had anything to do with me after all. Those Jared's people sure do know how to bring in the business, don't they?

~~~~~~~~~~
I did not get diamonds for Mother's Day. Sigh...darn economy. But my folding chair for the soccer games will come in handy. I know, exciting.

~~~~~~~~~~
On Sunday morning I overheard Nurse Boy lecturing the kids on the fact it was Mother's Day. He instructed them to only ask him if they needed something. Anything. Only ask him. (Nice try. That never works. But, I did feel blessed that he tried.)

~~~~~~~~~~
Dimples asked when it will be Kid's Day. My response? Isn't that EVERY DAY?!

~~~~~~~~~~
Nurse Boy and I worked the Nursery at church on Sunday. After a tiring morning with 17 two year olds, the Nursery Director gave me a $5 dollar gift card to Starbucks for working the Nursery on Mother's Day. So, apparently, I change diapers and wipe bottoms for coffee.

And, I think I am OK with that.

I hope all of the moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Jillian said...

The cake thing was so funny and so was the laundry comment!! Kids say the funniest things:)

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I thought that was so funny-all the random thoughts---so much like our house-
My second oldest asked about kids day too,
and my husband gave the "Mother's Day lecture"...it didn't work here either...
Happy Mother's Day~

Boy Mom said...

Aww, what a sweetie that Nurse Boy is!!!

Bruiser, you can come escape laundry at my house anytime.

I didn't know that Jared's had cookies and a kiddie land. Ohh, Very clever!(we say it with a Chinese accent)

#7 went to a birthday party this week too. I was gone when he got home then he fell asleep before I got home but, as I gave him a goodnight kiss, he woke up enough to say, 'I had fun and guess what? It wasn't like the other jumping place I went that other time. Now leave me alone" and went back to sleep.

We really should get #7 and Sweet Pea together. Shhh, just don't tell Suz ;)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I am so glad I didn't have nursery duty on Mother's Day. I did have it the week before and it was fun. It was so busy. No really. No...it wasn't. It was me and my kid. That was it. Yeah!

I want some cake in my mouth too. What can you do for me? Hook me up.

Seriously, I'm so glad I found your blog. You crack me up. Tell Nurse Boy he's a lucky man. Tell him and as he laughs, write a post about it. :-)

Tiffany said...

I would like some cake in my mouth, too! She's a girl after my own heart!

Jen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Now, that I came here I have a couple of things to say. One, Bruiser and I understand each other. Two, Jared has free chocolate chip cookies and a play area?! Why wasn't I made privy to this information sooner?! I'm going to go tell everyone I know. Do they put that in their advertising, because they really should. : )

Anonymous said...

AM told MotH that he was supposed to go to Jareds too!

Do you suppose the teachers are teaching that? Should we give them a raise, even if we don't get diamonds??

AM used to ask "when is 'kid's day'". This year, he said "aren't you glad you have me as your kid?". I said "yes, you are a great kid". His response "if you didn't have me first, you probably wouldn't have kids and wouldn't get Mother's Day".

"That's true", I said (I smelled something brewing). "Maybe I should get something for Mother's Day, since I MADE YOU A MOTHER".

I kids. you. not. The kid is getting too smart for me (but still didn't get anything for making me a mother).

Mummy McTavish said...

Oh Sweet Pea, I want some cake in my mouth too.

All those mums that got diamonds for mothers day don't know what they are missing out on. We can do trailer-park-chic together... you in your comfy camper chair, me in my hoodie... so, where is Jared's?

And there's not much I wont do for coffee... good coffee.

Happy Mother's Day Mrs Nurse Boy.

Mother Mayhem said...

I had to change Itty Bitty's poopy diaper over the weekend. Gack.

I was blessed (cursed?)with a strong nose and a weak stomach.

I didn't get a gift card.