~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday: My Living Room

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

It is Friday! Can I get a "Hallelujah"?

Today Kelly, over at kellyskornerblog.com is hosting another Show Us Where You Live Friday. Today, you can hop over there and tour living rooms!

So, do you want to see my humble little living room? When I think of living rooms, I think of a formal front room. Well, we aren't formal.


And, that just might be the understatement of the year.


So, I am going to show you what we did with our front room...


Here is our front door. Nothing spectacular. The 70's spindles and bookcase are dated, but we make them work.


But, I do love this sign above our door.

This is our living room as seen when you walk in the front door. I love my black leather. It is kid friendly and wipes clean.

I painted the walls with sand paint which gives it a suede look. I really like the texture on the walls.

I painted this in college for an art class requirement. I have zero talent, but I love the color it brings to the room, not to mention the memories of that time in my life.

This cabinet is one of my favorite pieces in here. It hides our TV and DVDs. I am not a fan of clutter that is out in the open for all to see. The black chair was my grandmother's. She painted it black years ago. It is my very favorite piece in here. It always reminds me of her.

I also did this shading in college. I fell in love with it after I got it matted and framed.


Looking in from the family room.

Another view.

I like to keep special photos on this table. I have one of my favorites of just my boys, a rocking chair frame of my parents' senior photos, Nurse Boy and I, and our wedding invitation. I also have a basket underneath for those random toys that constantly end up in the living room.

My grandmother painted this beautiful scene. I think it is amazing! It is hanging in the hallway leading into the kitchen.

Thank you for allowing me to share our humble little living room. I can't wait to snoop in everyone else's!!!

Have an awesome weekend!!!

25 comments:

Heather said...

Love your living room and the colors!! You do a great job!!

Cheri said...

Love the colors - such a pretty shade of gray. Nice job!

Kelly said...

Enjoyed the sleek, yet friendly look of your room!

Rachel said...

Love the gray! I just painted a bathroom gray~

sportzmom said...

Love your artwork...you are talented! The room looks great!

On Stage said...

Beautiful room!!!! Your artwork is wonderful... you are very talented!

Unknown said...

Your grandma's chair, also my favorite item in the room-what a blessing! Also, your art piece is just priceless-very cool!

Jillian said...

I love the black!! I have leather and even though I don't love my leather couches I love how easy they are to maintain!! And good news that they are kid friendly!!

Chelsa said...

i love your cabinet & your black leather furniture!

Pam Bowers said...

I like what you have done. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I am so with you on the leather. We have a leather couch and chair and I will never own anything else!

Also, I think we have the same black ottoman!

I'll need to come peak at your walls. I've been wanting to try the sanded paint.

Danielle said...

Love the black pieces in your room and your artwork is stunning!

Mummy McTavish said...

Don't let my Wolf see your leather couch. He tries to convince me that leather is kid friendly and it is but I'd cry if they poked pencils through it like they have with my fabric. It's also not very tropics friendly... I hate it when you get off a leather couch in the summer and all your butt skin stays stuck to the leather.

Anonymous said...

Love the gray tones!

momstheword said...

Oh I love your living room! It's so warm and inviting and beautifully decorated. Love your color choices. What a fun meme!

I love the idea of the texture on the wall, too cool!

I hope you have a lovely mother's day in the nursery wipin' bottoms, lol! Wiping bottoms for Jesus....

At least you don't have to take all 20 home with you...hehehe! (I came over from Samsters blog).

Twice as Nice said...

It's practical but pretty, I really like your room. Love Grandma's chair.

~Katie said...

Yep, I agree. The leather is kid friendly. No cloth furniture till they go to college. haha.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I love your design and your house in general.

Ugh. I could never do this. My house looks nothing like this.

Can I move in? :-)

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

Lovely warm room! I love that black chair as well! Thanks for sharing!

The Ginger Belle said...

Love that cabinet and the chair tucked into the corner! Fabulous!

Boy Mom said...

Love the black and gray look! Please tell me you cleaned and dusted for the picture or I might have to come smack you.

You do too have talent at art! Wow! I love art that has meaning. I would hang a kindergarten hand turkey over a DaVinci any day.

So fun to see where you live, I'm going to have to do this.

The Davidson Den said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my place! Your room is lovely. All that black with the color in your artwork--love it!
Also, I have to say that your blog title just may be my favorite EVER!! I can SO relate!!!! :)

Sonya said...

Yay for black leather!! I love your living room. You did such a nice job painting the walls and the two pictures that you have hanging that you painted and drew are amazing!!

Susan said...

Thank you for the nice comment :). I love the black furniture in your living room!! and the color on the walls. I really want to do a gray color in my bedroom (I'm waiting until my hubby has some extra days to spare). You are very lucky to have a piece of your grandmother in your home. The chair is awesome!
Happy Mother's Day! BTW, LOVE the name of your blog. Your daughter is adorable and your boy's are soooo handsome!
Have a great Sunday!
--Susan

Robin and Stephen said...

I love your furniture in this room! Great colors!