Mrs. Nurse Boy here.
My bloggy friend, Lisa, over at Boondock Ramblings tagged me in a fun meme. If you haven't checked out her blog, you need to go over THERE right now. She lives in the boonies and tells THE BEST stories!
1. What are your current obsessions? My eyebrows. What is wrong with them? Why do they look like they need to be waxed every 2 weeks? Seriously, you asked...
Oh, and chicken recipes. But, you knew that already, didn't you?!
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? Anything black. I like to pretend that it is slimming to the point that someone just might mistake me for Donald Trump's daughter. I know, I know...FAT chance. (On a serious note, I love jewelry and can't leave home without at least 5 pieces. I have 2 sets if silver hoops that I wear ALL the time. The bigger the earrings, the smaller the waist. It all goes back to the illusion I am creating. Hey, stop laughing! A girl can pretend.)
3. What's for dinner? Why, chicken, of course! Check out my Friday Fare's for recipes! My boys ask me what is for dinner every night and I just look at them. They walk away with their heads hung low knowing full well that it will NOT be chicken nuggets (because, let's face it people, that is not really chicken) or macaroni and cheese. Sigh... I am such a mean mom!
4. Last thing you bought? Picture frames for pictures of my brother's wedding. Yeah, it was a year ago this week. I am always on top of things. Oh, don't tell Nurse Boy. He was out of town. Don't worry, he'll never notice. Seriously.
5. What are you listening to? My kids "fighting" with their light sabers. They love all things Stars Wars. I love just about everything else. Oh, wait, do I hear tears? No. Maybe. Yes, yes I do.
6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? The goddess of peace. Ya know, between siblings.
7. Favorite vacation spots? ANYWHERE on a lake. In a boat. With a good book or magazine. My husband by my side. My children quiet and well behaved. Nothing but time...
8. Reading right now? A sad article on Jon and Kate Plus Eight. And, I am not sure what that says about me....
9. Four words to describe yourself Trustworthy, Authentic, Moody, Talkative
10. Guilty pleasure? Dancing with the Stars and Celebrity Apprentice. I love those shows more than I should. I DVR them and watch them when the kids are in bed.
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? Nurse Boy, of course. That is what made me fall in love with him. He is the funniest person I know. I have the laugh lines to prove it!
Oh, and his offspring, aka my children.
12. Favorite thing to do in the summer? Spending time with my family and going on little "surprise" day trips together. We like to wake the kids up with surprise outings. Not to mention the ice cream runs in our pj's. (We put the kids to bed, wait a couple of minutes, throw the door open, and yell, "Time for ice cream!" Go ahead and take my idea...your kids will never stop talking about it, I promise!)
13. Planning to travel to next? Uh...all I can come up with is the grocery store...But, I bet you mean a TRIP. Like, anywhere but here? Um, probably not happening for a while. Nurse Boy is in school and, well, I am not sure if you have heard or not, but the economy is in the toilet. So, the grocery store it is!
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Sonic Diet Cherry Limeades. LOVE THEM! If you don't have a Sonic, you should move. Plain and simple.
15. When did you last get tipsy? You must mean the time I was spinning with Sweet Pea in the living room? Or the time I took too much Advil? I am afraid that's all I got.
16. Favorite ever film? Does The Incredibles count? I really do love that movie. I am not one to watch a movie more than once...Oh, I do like that dumb movie, Rat Race. Nurse Boy and I have been known to watch that late at night and laugh until we cry.
Notice how deep I am?
17. Care to share some wisdom? Stretch your body, stretch your mind. Deep, huh? I found it right in front of me on my Dove dark chocolate wrapper. Classy, I know. Not to mention ironic, on a lot of levels...
18. Least favorite thing about driving in the boondocks? I am a city girl. But, I do like to vacation in the boondocks. So, if I am there on a vacation, I think I would love everything about driving in the boondocks. Except maybe the glowing eyes of the possums at night. Gross!
19. Least favorite part of your day? Hands down...THE MORNINGS. ANY MORNING. They always have a way of coming too soon, no matter what time I wake up.
20. Why do you blog? My husband made me do it. Really. He started this blog and let it get dusty. Plus I LOVE reading all of your blogs!
Rules of the meme: Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 8 people.
Mrs. Imperfect at Confessions of an Imperfect Mom
Chrisi at and baby makes three!
Boy Mom at Boys-R-Us
Jillian at It All Began With a Man in a Black Jeep
Mommy4Life at Mommy Daily Vent
Chaos~Jamie at Surviving the Chaos
Sue at 3 Peas in a Pod.
So, you're it! Only participate if you want to, of course. NO pressure. And, if I didn't tag you, but you want to do this, please just leave me a comment so I can read yours! I can't wait to read everyone's!
2 hours ago