~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday's Random Musings

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.


Ready for some random thoughts? It's Monday and that's all I've got.

(If that's all you are capable of today, JOIN ME, and post your own random thoughts on your blog and leave me a comment so I can hop on over and read them! Come on, join in on the fun!)

~~~~~~~~
Dimples has decided that he wants to be a Weather Man when he grows up. He is obsessed with his new found career goals. He reads the daily blog of a local weather man, can tell me what the weather will be like hour-by-hour during the day, and is even (all on his own!) charting the local temperatures this summer. I would say this is a pretty good career choice, except his is still afraid of severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings. Hm...we shall see how long this lasts.
~~~~~~~~
Bruiser aspires to be a superhero. Yes, we encourage him to dream big. When we said, "You can be anything you want to be when you grow up," he took us literally. Yeah, we need to work on that one...
~~~~~~~~
Sweet Pea is going to be the next Paris Hilton. OK, not really. But, she has taken to telling us, "No! I said, no," when she is determined to get her way. We keep reminding her that she is only THREE and she can dream on! Yeah, we are working on her, also...
~~~~~~~~
I have been using Almond Oil on my skin right before I dry off after my shower and I LOVE it. How is that for a cheap beauty tip? I put it on a damp washcloth and rub it on right before I towel dry. My skin feels great and even looks better. NO MORE LOTION for me!!! EVER! (I know, you're wondering why you even read my Monday posts, aren't you?)
~~~~~~~~
My father in law officially has 9 lives! Last year, we got a phone call from him while he was in an Indiana heart hospital. He was prepping for a triple bypass. We traveled 8 hours to be with him and he came out of surgery with flying colors. Just this Saturday, we got another phone call after he had made a visit to the ER. He was hit by a car while riding his bike. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! He is fine and his helmet probably saved his life! I am now referring to him as the man with nine lives--he is a retired Army Colonel, so I am sure he may have even more stories of close to death encounters.
~~~~~~~~
Nurse Boy and I did get to squeeze in a date night this weekend. We had a relaxing dinner...no kid's meals!...no trips to the restroom!...no chicken nuggets on our table!...and, no discussions about table manners!...(except when Nurse Boy wanted to lick his Creme Brulee bowl clean). Then we headed to a new bookstore and had a great time looking around. He even agreed to walk around the mall with me! It was a really nice, relaxing evening.
~~~~~~~~
This weekend I also found myself at Target. Do you know that they already have the school supplies out?! I mean, come on!!! Let me enjoy my summer before I see all those "Back to School" signs!!! It is still MID July!
~~~~~~~~
Yesterday, a very kind mother pulled me aside to comment on how sweet it is that both of my boys always want to give Nurse Boy and I a hug before they go to children's church every Sunday morning. It kind of melted my heart that she noticed and was touched. I know I joke about my kids a lot, but they really are terrific kids. She wanted to know my secret. Truth is, this last year has been really difficult for our family while we were searching for a new church home, were feeling judged and misunderstood by some friends in the process, and have made a lot of changes on the home front. We have tried really hard to SEEK GOD more than ever this year. It has been HARD, but I believe that God has actually brought our family closer together through all of this! I am looking forward to a much better year this year, but as long as I have my God and my family, it really will be OK.
~~~~~~~~
And, just so you all don't worry about me this week, I went to Costco and got MY Diet Coke for this week. Ah, I missed you, Diet Coke. You and I were always meant to be!!! I think my family might be thankful you are back as well!


Have a terrific Monday!!! (If that is even possible ;0)

8 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

Parenting is hard work. It's nice when you have one of those "hard work pays off moments." :o)

I don't know what Emily wants to be. She just says that she's living with me and her dad forever. LOL.

Boy Mom said...

Ah Mondays!

Random seems to deliberath a word for thee.

Why doth my mind muck in weekend mire yet my poor body arrive mindless on Monday morning.

What now? Shakespeare?

Can you tell I spent the weekend with a wanna be 13 year old gang banger and his bros?

Boy Mom said...

Where do I get Almond Oil? Does it smell good?

Jewel said...

I always look forward to your Monday Random Musings!! *smile* I know, I know...I need to get a life! Oh well....
Hey, it seems I vaguely remember wanting to be a "weather person" when I was young. That was back in the day when they drew all of the highs and lows on the weather map and the temps and storms and so on. Boy, am I telling my age on THAT one! LOL
And it IS so wonderful when others compliment us on our kids! What an affirmation that we ARE doing something right! Hallelujah! Thank you, Jesus!! :-)
I will be posting some random musings at some point today! So come on over!!
Have a great Monday, Mrs. NB!!

Tiffany said...

I love your Monday Musings! They always make me laugh outloud!

And we are in the process of finding a new church, too - and I know what you mean about it not being easy and being (wrongly) judged in the process!

Have a great day, girlie!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I've joined up this week. Almost missed out because of vacation/anniversary/pretending I have a life/and other such nonsense.

I'm sorry about all the church stuff, but I'm glad you found one where you fit in and can feel comfortable again.

As for Sweet Pea...yeah, Jonathan is also saying "No!" and screaming a lot. I'm thinking of writing a post about this later this week. A post about how I asked the demon inside him to come out and give us back our "old Jonathan."

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Mothers thoughts: Awww, isn't that nice that my boys love their parents and want a hug before I drop them off.

Fathers thoughts: Don't be co-dependant kid.

Mr.NB

Mummy McTavish said...

I guess it's a good thing that your weather man was obviously picked for his skills rather than his looks like so many are. I love the Australian Bureau of Meteorology website! The charts, the warnings, the statistics... So much fun! www.bom.gov.au for a great afternoon of family fun! Although it's heaps more fun during the wet season with cyclones and stuff!