~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Friday, July 18, 2008

Am I Old?

If you just completed orientation for a new job and the average age of the fellow new employee is about 10 years younger than you does that make you old?

If you are currently taking 3 prescription medications does that make you old?

If one of your limbs swells for no apparent reason on a daily basis does that make you old?

If you wife shaves your back, and you have to regularly trim your nose and ear hair does that make you old?

If it looks like you are wearing a flesh colored yamika (a little help imperfect mom) does that make you old?

If you have suffered from at least one bout of gout in your life does that make you old?

If you bend over to touch your toes and you can only make it to mid shin does that make you old?

If your kids have more disposable income than you do, does that make you old?

If you can remember your first VCR and the VHS/Beta battle does that make you old?

If you remember seeing music videos on MTV does that make you old?

If you remember staying up until midnight to see the thriller video does that make you old?

If you ever made a mixed cassette tape for a friend does that make you old?

If you ever rolled your pants does that make you old?

If you ever wore parachute pants does that make you old?

If you ever had "fats" for shoe laces does that make you old?

I you answered NO to any of these questions does that make you old?

5 comments:

mommy4life said...

I guess I'm old....

I also wore 2 pair of Slouch socks and two t-shirts layered with rolled sleeves.

Anonymous said...

Yarmulke.

Google - you should try it. It's sort of "new fangled", but I bet you'll get the hang of it. Unless, you know, you've got that whole "old dog, new trick"-thing going on.

And yes, all of those things make you old. Welcome to the club. In fact, I think I'm older then you are.

Chaos-Jamie said...

no, no and a thousand times NO!

Do old people stay out until 1AM going to boxing matches?

And I want to know, IM, how you google Yarmulke if you think it is spelled yamaka. That used to drive me crazy when I'd ask a teacher to spell something and she'd send me to the dictionary. IF I KNEW HOW TO SPELL IT TO LOOK IT UP, I WOULDN'T BE ASKING!

Anonymous said...

(I googled "jewish hat", lol)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

And I'm supposed to know how to spell hat?