~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Are They Listening?

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

Bruiser always keeps me on my toes. He is such a fun, active kid. Since the very day he was born he has brought a lot of laughter into our home. I refer to him as "mini nurse boy." Just like his father, he often says what is on his mind without always thinking. That is why they both make me laugh so much.

They also embarrass me quite often. But, that is a subject for another day.

We spent the other day at the church picnic. The kids had a blast. They left the park tired and dirty. The next morning we discovered that Bruiser also left the park with a dear tick on his ear. And, I must mention that I successfully removed the tick, even though I considered driving 40 minutes to Nurse Boy's work to have the NURSE remove it. But, I resisted and it actually wasn't so bad. Have I mentioned how much of a city girl I am?

Bruiser also woke up with what he called "nipples" all over him. Then he remembered that his brother had one of these so called "nipples" last week that was driving him crazy. When he showed me his HUGE mosquito bites, I told him not to itch them. He must have heard me say this last week because I was about to say, "so they will go away faster." But, before I could get the rest of the sentence out, he said, "I don't want them to go away faster. I have to itch them." That was the end of the discussion. This kid keeps me on my toes!

Today, Bruiser and I were having a serious discussion about one of his so called friends. This "friend" isn't always very kind or even nice to Bruiser. I wanted him to come to this conclusion on his own. I started asking him questions about how this person treats him and how friends are suppose to treat each other. He answered my questions. Just when I thought I was making progress, he looked me straight in the face and very profoundly said, "Mom, I have to go to the bathroom." Again, that was the end of the discussion.

He is only five.

He will learn, right?

RIGHT?

No comments: