~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Calling All Superheros!

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

I always imagined being a mother of girls. I pictured myself surrounded by bows, lace, ribbons, and all things pink. I have always been a girly-girl and I couldn't wait to have some of my own.

God had a much better plan! He blessed me with my two boys before He gave me my girly-girl. Boys are rough, tough, and messy, but OH! SO! MUCH! FUN! I am now surrounded by dirt, mud, balls, and all things... well, dirty and noisy.

One of my favorite things about my boys is their fascination with superheros. At the age of four or five, each of the boys began searching for a real life superhero. Their answer (and a good one, I might add) was Jesus. After all, with Him all things are possible! So, we would have many conversations about the power of Jesus...

"Could Jesus lift our entire house?"
"Could He pick up our church and move it to another city?"
"Could He knock down 10 bad guys at one time?"

These conversations always made me smile. I hope I never forget those precious moments. I mean, when I was a kid, I don't think I gave Jesus a second thought. It blesses me that they want to know Him and grow closer to Him.

Anyway, both of the boys have given themselves an alter ego. It all started one day when Dimples and his best friend were playing and decided to name their alter ego and define the super powers they would have. Now, Dimples is also known as Laser Boy. You guessed it. He shoots lasers at all things evil. His best friend is also known as Bomb Boy. Of course, he shoots bombs to protect the innocent.

Bruiser began to feel left out. He wanted an alter ego of his very own. He wanted super powers that only he could have. He begged Dimples and his friend to give him a name and a special power. They thought for a while before they declared the perfect name for the younger, annoying pest who wouldn't leave them alone. They named him...

STINK BOY!!!!!

And, Bruiser was DELIGHTED! He proudly pointed his fingers at imaginary bad guys and shot "stink" at them. (I was relieved he didn't think that Stink Boy passed gas...I was worried for a moment!)

Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of boys...stink and all!

1 comment:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

But the day WILL come. My seven year old grandson is udderly enGROSSed with anything refering to passing gas. He would laugh out loud everytime someone mentioned "natural gas". He assumed it was flatulence.