~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Free?

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

This weekend we made some time for the family. Some good, quality family time. We came across some tickets to the local "Hand-Over-Fists-Full-of-Money" amusement park. The tickets were "free." Except, the saying "ain't nothing free," did apply. Oh, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. We were thrilled to have the opportunity to take the kids! The tickets alone would have cost us around $140. Then add $10 to PARK THE CAR! CRAZY!

I do realize that I am starting to sound like an old person. But, seriously, the prices really did scare me. For lunch, we grabbed some quick burgers and hot dogs. It was a step below McD's. Not to mention, less food since Nurse Boy and I spilt a small order of fries. The bill? Over $46! I am NOT exaggerating. I felted like my grandpa when I handed them ONLY a twenty dollar bill. It was then we realized that one must file for bankruptcy after a full day at the amusement park.
Money aside, we had a terrific time! The boys loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE! You couldn't wipe the smiles off of their faces!








Nurse Boy and the boys loved the water rides. Some how, Nurse Boy was the only one who seemed to get wet.














How cute are Dimples and Bruiser? They had the time of their lives!












More water with some new friends.














Where was Sweet Pea, you ask? Patiently watching and waiting until we found our way to kiddie land. She loves to watch people.













Dimples and Sweet Pea. So cute! He was so protective of her.















Bruiser and Sweet Peas galloping along.












We had to stop for some over priced ice cream cones. I mean, after lunch, the ice cream seemed like a bargain!
















And, a girl needs a liter of Pepsi to make it home after a long day of fun in the sun! (Oh, I kid! I would NEVER give her a Pepsi, but how cute is this?!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have had you guys hide in the bushes next to the "Pavilion". I could have smuggled you some hotdogs and maybe a chocolate chip cookie. Or some of the strange, unidentifiable fried chicken parts (is fried chicken supposed to be sweet?).

I could NOT believe that it cost $10 to park!!! I guess we're spoiled by Silver Dollar City were the ticket prices are lower, there's free parking and I don't need to take out a second mortgage to buy lunch.

Chaos-Jamie said...

One word PIZZA. Buy one overpriced pizza and make them all share. I can't stomach anything else there. Too spendy.

IM is right. SDC is way better priced. If you can swing the Gas to Branson/hotel/everything else of it (she has quite the deal re that).