~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Fare!

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

It is Friday... and I am not sure how that is possible. This week has raced by. This weekend is full of possibilities. Soccer season has ended and beautiful weather is in store.

Except for the leaves that currently cover our yard, roof, gutters, and cars. Man, do I have a love hate relationship with our old oak trees!

So, never mind. This weekend will be full of raking, bagging, and much, much more raking. At least I know our neighbors are hoping we get around to it. Me? I am hoping there is a leaf fairy that will visit us in the middle of the night.

Today I would like to share one of our favorite dishes. It is made with ingredients that I always keep on hand. It is one of my standby dishes. It is perfect when I don't FEEL like cooking or I don't think there is anything in the pantry. Plus, the ENTIRE family gobbles this stuff up!
You will need:
garlic powder
Terriayki marinade
chopped onions... dried or fresh
Don't forget the chicken! You can use breasts, thighs, drumsticks, etc. My kids currently prefer "chicken on the bone."

Cover the chicken with terriakyi. Next, sprinkle on the garlic powder and onion according to your taste.

Bake the chicken at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

YUM!

Have a terrific weekend!!!

13 comments:

Shana Putnam said...

Yum. That looks pretty good!! Thanks for the prayers by the way!!

Michelle said...

That looks delicious. If I cooked, I would make that!! :) I might have to commendeer the kitchen one night next week!

Brandi said...

You always make me hungry. That sounds really good. Maybe the leaf fairy will visit your house. Good luck with that. ;) Y'all have a fabulous weekend!

Kmama said...

That does look really good!! We'll have to try that!

Liz said...

MMMMM

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome...I think I can make this, I just need the marinade I have everything else.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I was married before I realized that not all chicken was "on the bone".

Suz said...

I pray for a "strong wind" for you, i.e. leaf fairy. your neighbors probably won't like that either especially when the leaves are in their yard.

Do you own stock in a chicken farm?
LOL. We eat our share. I am still with you on the garlic. Looks yummy!

Luvs

Suz

Mother Mayhem said...

Yum is right! :o)

Boy Mom said...

Yum, this is one of our favorites too. I throw the whole thing in the crock pot and serve it with noodles boiled per usual then stir fried with grated carrots and finely julienned green onions, and more of the terriyaki marinade.

I'll fix it when we meet at the lake house ;) I can't wait to meet for reals.

Kirsty@Gone Bananas said...

That looks YUMMY! And now I'm off to lunch. :-)

Rachel said...

Yummy... now I'm suddenly hungry!

Mummy McTavish said...

I have a question... it's been bugging me for ages... DO YOUR KIDS EAT THOSE VEGGIES? The veg mixed in with the rice... does it work? Mine would pick each grain of rice out to leave just the yucky veggies... don't even get me started on what happens when I put broccoli on their plates! It's a pitty I'm a mean mummy and still give it to them.