~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Fare!

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.


It is Friday. Finally. It has been a busy week. Both of my boys were born in November, so we have "birthday-itis." Add Thanksgiving, and this month is simply CRAZY! But, I must admit that it is a fun CRAZY.


However, I will rethink that statement when I find myself in Toys R Us this weekend. Why is that place always so crowded? Don't all of those people know that we are in a recession? And, don't those parents know how to play nice?


Sorry, I digress...


So, wanna know what's for dinner? Wanna a recipe for 2 meals at once? Wanna have a frozen meal in the freezer for next week? Want something besides chicken?!


Well, today is your lucky day... Tonight you can kill two birds with one stone. You can make dinner for tonight AND freeze a meal (or 2) at the SAME TIME!


Pizza Burgers!

All you need:
1 pound cooked ground beef
30 oz of pizza sauce
3 oz. of pepperoni, cut into small pieces (We use turkey pepperoni)
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
garlic powder, to taste
Italian seasoning, to taste
onion, to taste (optional, my kids hate onions, of course)
16 hamburger buns

In a large bowl, mix together the cooked ground beef, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Fill buns with meat mixture. Yes, it really does make at least 16 sandwiches!

This is what I do with the leftovers:






I individually wrap each sandwich in foil.








I place all of the individually wrapped sandwiches in a zip lock bag and stash them in the freezer. When you are ready to use the leftovers, simply place them in the oven (still in foil) at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. They do heat up faster if you let them thaw before you stick them in the oven. You can even microwave them, but they might be a little soggy.

These are simple and tasty--kind of like a sloppy joe with a pizza twist.

Have a fabulous weekend!!!!

13 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That sounds really crazy, but really good!!!
Have a great weekend-

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh those sound very good. I have to go to Toys R us this weekend too. Birthday parties.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

How much fun! Those sound great!
BTW- Sweet Pea has turned into a little girl right before our eyes!! How did that happen!? They are all so stinkin' cute.

Boy Mom said...

I think I'll make this for dinner tonight, I haven't got any better ideas and my boys love anything pizza, so thanks for dinner.


I Love your writing too, thanks for the compliment.

Mummy McTavish said...

We have a birthday party for two sweet little girls this afternooon so no need for dinner tonight, Engagement party tomorrow afternoon so no need for dinner then either... looks like it's on the menu for MONDAY!!! (what? why are you looking at me like that? I bet you don't feed your kids after an afternoon party either, what? you do? well dont judge me)

adlovegrove said...

That sounds good! I'm going to have to try that one next time my stepson is here! :)

Jillian said...

YUM!! I love that recipe!! I can't wait to make it!!

Suz said...

What! no chicken? JK

I'll have to try this. I left my brude with pulled pork. Lazy huh.

I send my best wishes for your trip to Toys-R-Us. I rather shop for Christmas, b-shopping is hard for me for some reason.

Your the best!

Luvs

Suz

Shana Putnam said...

I will have to try that. Definitely a different twist!

Wendi said...

The Toys R Us by the great mall always seems to be empty...I love how you froze the sandwiches. I'll have to try it!

Emily said...

Pizza burgers!? Wow...that sounds like the perfect boy food!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

This sounds like a cool one. One I could whip up and put in the freezer for a busy day!

Mother Mayhem said...

I avoid Toys R Us like the plague. Worse yet... Swine Flu. Gack.