~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Saturday, November 21, 2009

Where Has the Week Gone??

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

I missed Friday's post, I know. This week has been busy, crazy, a blessing, amazing, and exhausting.

Nurse Boy and I had two very important meetings this week. Both were church related. Lately, we have been struggling with exactly how God wants to use us. Last year, we obeyed God and started going to a "new" church. Quite honestly, we have loved the church from the very moment we walked into the building, yet it has been somewhat of a challenge to get connected and figure out how God wants to use us where we are now planted. We have also come to the conclusion that it takes a while for a new church home to feel like family.

Now that we are one year into this new chapter in our lives, God is giving us direction. Our meetings this week were divine appointments. Nurse Boy will be using some of his medical expertise to bless the congregation and staff. Nurse Boy and I will also be planning some exciting stuff regarding Marriage Ministry. We have really felt a tug in that direction for a long time, so I can't wait to see what God has in store! I am sure I will be sharing more in the future.

I also had a HUGE project that I was working on. About a month ago, Dimples's teacher asked me to paint a chair for a special silent auction at his school. Each classroom was given a chair to paint and auction off. Since I have almost ZERO talent in that area, after much thought, I told her that I was CERTAIN there was someone else better for the job. Turns out, she didn't agree. I could read the disappointment all over her politely sad face.

Man, that look gets me every time.

So, being the professional procrastinator that I am, I finished it the night before it needed to be lovingly placed on display in the school hallway. And, by "I," I really mean "we." Yeah, I guilted Nurse Boy into helping me pull off a miracle.

Except, I think a miracle would have looked a lot more spectacular.

So, are you ready to see my pathetic attempt? First, I should also share that about a week ago I found out that the minimum bid for a chair was $65. $65!!!!!

Can you FEEL the pressure?!
Cute, don't you think? Yeah, it isn't mine.

A little bit abstract... but, still not mine.

I really wish I could claim this beauty! Not mine, either.

Yep, here is my chair. So NOT worth $65.

This morning the school was open for breakfast, a book fair, and the infamous silent auction. I held my breath as I sized up the competition. Biding was open. I was slightly relieved to see that only about half of the chairs had bids.

I almost couldn't breath when my eyes fell on my creation.

But, GUESS WHAT?!?! It SOLD!!! It may have only been for the minimum bid of $65, but it SOLD!!! About half of the chairs did not sell and will be raffled off later this year.

Now, THAT was a miracle!!!

14 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love your chair...so cute. I want to bid on the other chairs that did not go. They are adorable.

Rachel said...

Ahem... why are you knocking your totally cute chair? Obviously someone disagreed with you (with their pocketbook, I might add).

By the way, who ever calls it a "pocketbook" nowadays? Or says "nowadays".

I'm on a roll, a really dumb roll. Sorry. Caffeine... (let's just call it the caffeine, k?)

Love the chair - and I think God just stretched ya a little to show you that you could do it :)

So glad you're finding where God wants to use you in your church body! Amazing how He places people perfectly, even down to the timing.

Have a great weekend!

Mummy McTavish said...

I love your chair. I'd put my butt on it! Besides if I'm sitting down I don't have to look at it ;) sorry, so uncalled for but I couldn't help myself. I do really love it!

So glad God is showing you where he wants you to be!

Brandi said...

You crack me up. I was like oh, that's so totally cute... and then it's not your chair. Well, your chair was so totally cute too! Awesome job!

Oh, and I'm patiently waiting on some fabulous Mrs. Nurse Boy Thanksgiving recipes. No pressure. :)

Kmama said...

What a cute chair. You did well with the challenge! I'm glad that your chair sold as well.

Michelle said...

Are you kidding me? I think you're chair was the cutest of all the ones you posted. Totally chic. I would have spent way more then $65 for you're chair! :)

I've kinda been doing the same thing with our church. We left our comfortable church in Sept of 08 and started with the church we're at now in Jan. This church is a church plant of sorts, that branched off of a much larger church. We started from the very first meeting in the pastor's home. I know too well how hard it is to feel like a part of the church family, especially since most of the congregation came from the larger church. James and I did not. I'm so glad you're finding your knitch in the church! :)

Blessings,

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Cool looking chair. Classic look & not overly trendy. Around here we say "You done good".

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I think the chair is cute! Glad it sold...

I'm also glad all is working out with the church too...it is great to find a church where you fit in and where God can use you.

Jac @ Wuzzle Makes Three said...

I love your chair! And I totally would have paid at least $65 for it.

I'm glad to hear things are working out with the church. I still struggle with that, finding a church in our town is tough because everyone seems to be either strict Catholic or very liberal, and I fall somewhere in between.

Huskerwife said...

Awesome chair, although you got my on the first one b/c I was thinking, man she has skills I didnt even know about! I was about ready to call and you have redo a chair we are thinking about tossing! I might still do that! Do you work for coffee!?

Jewel said...

Loved your chair!! It was simple and classy! And I love black and white! (from one fellow procrastinator to another..argh!) *smile*

Suz said...

Your chair is the BEST. I love black -n -white, maybe because CT images are black -n - white, well some gray too. You did a great job. You are too hard on yourself.

So glad everything is going well at your church. The two of you are great examples of faith and dedication.

Luvs

Suz

Mrsbear said...

I love your chair! You did a great job, black and white is my favorite. It would've been my first choice. Congrats on getting it sold. And on finding your calling. ;)

Boy Mom said...

Wow, careful or God'll have you include chair painting in you marriage ministry.

So, knowing the particular field of medicine that Mr. Nurse Boy is currently in....

It's a blessing to feel part of a church family, and an even bigger blessing to find what your purpose in that family is.