~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday's Random Musings

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

Excuse me for a second while I climb out from under the leaves....

Um, yeah, we have just a few. The stupid leaves refuse to blow into the neighbors' lawns. And, the neighbors refuse to mow, mulch, or rake even the tiniest part of our lawn. Nope. They draw a perfectly straight line and turn up their noses at our leaf-infested lawn. Well, I might be exaggerating a little. Not about the straight line, but maybe about turning up their noses.

Maybe.

Ready for some randomness before I pick up the boys from school and excitedly point them toward the rakes?!

~ This weekend I overheard Nurse Boy mumble something about the starving children in Africa and, "Just stop complaining, eat your lunch, and be quiet!" I could not contain my giggles. When did we officially become our parents?!

~Poor Nurse Boy also lost his cool when Dimples started to whine about the endless raking that was to be done this weekend. Nurse Boy's response? "So, you don't want to rake? You just want ME to do ALL of the work for you?" Dimples quietly picked up the rake and got busy.

~Nurse Boy has turned into his parents, no doubt.

~Is it wrong that I often giggle when Nurse Boy loses his cool? Truth be told, he almost never loses his cool. We won't discuss my behavior. Yeah, I am always as cool as a cucumber... in hot and spicy salsa. It just makes me feel better when he loses his cool every now and again.

~I found a $25 gift card to TGI Fridays in the bottom of a toy basket.

~It is almost enough motivation to start cleaning and organizing around here.

~I did say ALMOST.

~Dusting... may I ask, WHAT IS THE POINT?! Yet, I still do it faithfully every single week.

~Is it possible to take a good picture of three kids in hopes of a fantastic Christmas card photo? Without yelling at them? Without taking over 100 photos?

~I am here to tell you that it is not possible. 100 photos later, I have 3 big, fat "maybes."

~I guess I should have gone the professional photo route after all.

~Was it worth my sanity to save a couple of bucks?!

~But, I do LOVE picnik.com! Maybe I can make them LOOK professional and photo shop a smile or two in...

~Wonder if I can also erase the tears? Yeah, I should get an award for making my kids cry while trying to take a jolly, happy, heart-warming Christmas photo.

~Why, YES, I am still available to come snap some heart-warming photos of your clan!



I know, I know. I won't hold my breath!

Happy Monday!

Wanna join me? Leave me a comment and I will give you some linky love!



Check out Brandi's randomness HERE!

Michelle posted over HERE!

13 comments:

S said...

Do you seriously take pictures for people?? What's your going rate?
I'm afraid I'd almost abuse my daughter in an attempt to get ONE good pic for a Christmas card!
To anyone that reads this, don't judge. You know how frustrating it is when they look everywhere EXCEPT at the camera! Or when they do look at the camera, they are making a stupid face.
Really? All of this for Christmas cards? YES! I can't wait!

On Stage said...

I just hate taking photos for our Christmas card! I beleive it really IS impossible to get theat perfect shot. I totally lost it last year while trying to get both children to look at the camera and not their feet. I just dread the thought of repeating it again this year!

Suz said...

The kids eyes are so blue in these pics. I think they are great. Looking forward to seeing the big three, or are these some, if so, awesome.

I took our oldest senior pics it was fun! Keep at it.

Honestly a lot of people throw away those cards after the holidays, so do it your self and save the bucks.

Your are AWESOME!!

Luvs

Suz

Brandi said...

Well, there you are! Better late than never! I ♥ the new header pic! Precious, precious little Nurse People offspring.

Boy, y'all are up to your necks in leaves (literally)!

Tell Mr. NB not to feel too bad. I've turned into my mother... I mopped the floor at 6:00 a.m. the other day (I know you wouldn't understand that Mrs. NB... ya know, since the Mr. does ALL the mopping). ;)

Michelle said...

I swore I would never turn into my mother and then I turn around and do something I swore I would never do. I even spoke stearnly to a friend of mine who counted at my eldest when he was about 2. Now she just looks at me weird when I count at them!

I love the new header pic! The kids are adorible. I so wish I had leaves just so they could jump in them. But most of our trees are evergreens, so all we get are prickly stuff. No actual leaves.. :(

Have a wonderful week!

Michelle

Kmama said...

I'm so glad I'm not alone.

About losing my cool.

About hating dusting.

About screaming at my kids and freaking out while taking pictures.

LOL LOL LOL

Boy Mom said...

Gasp, I can't believe the Nurse Boys ever lose their cool. Somewhere along the way I became my parents too. Swore that would never happen.

Boy Mom said...

The pictures are great! You can come make my kids cry anytime.

He & Me + 3 said...

I love the new header and you do have alot of leaves. My kids love raking leaves...thankfully we dont' have too many.
I am so my parents too...I swore I would never say such things to my kids. Oops.
Nice about the gift card..I may come clean your house. :)
I hate dusting and totally agree.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Just be glad you have a digital camera. Can you imaging taking 100 or so pictures with a film camera? The developing would cost a bunch.

I can relate to the leaves. Autumn fell on me hard.

Mrsbear said...

I think the leaf pictures are fantastic. Really. Do those work as holiday photos?

It's hard to stifle giggles when my husband loses his cool. It happens on occasion and it's always delightfully explosive. It helps to talk him down when I'm laughing myself silly.

Dusting, gah!

Mummy McTavish said...

The top of my TV can show you what happens if you are unfaithful with your dusting... so can all the bookshelves, bedheads, side tables etc. I don't dust.

Don't pay money for someone to watch you make your kids cry so they can get a good photo so you feel justified in forking out the money when you could just as easily have brought on the tears at home and you have the added bonus of being able to send them to their room for not being happy and hugging their brother when you tell them to. I figure it's like haircuts... they can scream at me for free if I do it at home.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I think you did a great job with those photos! Yes, come take some of my family for Christmas! As it is, I don't think my family will get anything but photos of Jonathan...which is no different than any other year due to not being able to find anyone to take photos of the whole family.

If NB ever really loses his cool, make sure you record it for me. I want to laugh and point.

"Ha...children starving in Africa. Oh, I love it!" point. laugh. point. laugh again.