~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday's Random Musings

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

Today's post is subtitled:

~Random Thoughts While at Urgent Care~

That's right, today I spent the entire morning/afternoon in Urgent Care with Sweet Pea. A very hot, whiny mess of a child. Don't worry, she spent most of the day in my lap, thus making me rethink my decision to pull out sweater apparel for the day. Not such a great choice when you spend the day with a hot pad, I mean feverish little girl, in your lap. We survived. Barely. We are now home with a documented whopper of an ear infection, Motrin, and amoxicilin. Tomorrow is a new day. For that, I am so very grateful!


So, now for my randomness..


~Why am I always out of Motrin when I need it the most?

~The same goes for band aides... not that I needed those today. Of course not, I have 2 full boxes.

~Why must I fill out a form to verify that I feel safe in my own home when I am bringing in my feverish child to be seen for an ear infection?!

~One look in Sweet Pea's ears and I thought the doctor was going to turn me in for child abuse.

~Apparently, Sweet Pea's ears are full of wax despite my obsession with Q-tips.

~Yeah, I know Q-tips have been deemed evil, but I love them and constantly chase after my children with them.

~No matter, her ears were still full of wax and had to be flushed out. Good times.

Some thoughts that raced through my mind while I was at Urgent Care...

~Free Popsicles for the little ones... good.

~No Starbucks in sight... bad.

~104.2 degree fever... miserable.

~Motrin... lifesaver.

~Time to snuggle with my little girl... priceless.

~Copay... $25. (Gotta love health insurance!)

~Coughing kids are everywhere.

~As are the sounds of crying, whining, sick kids.

~If we didn't come in with the Swine Flu, odds are we were just exposed.... YUCK!



Look where I found Sweet Pea this evening. Asleep on the stairs. Sound asleep. Poor baby. I haven't seen her feeling this bad in a very long time. Here's hoping she is back to her happy, chatty self tomorrow!

Monday, you have not been kind to us... Tuesday, you can't come soon enough!

19 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Poor thing. I hope she feels better soon. I always hate going to the doctors for fear of coming out with more sickness. ugh.
Gotta love insurance. Thank you Lord.

Kmama said...

Oh, that poor little sweetie!!

I think we have stock in motrin at our house. Buster has gotten a nightly dose for forever, because he's been teething forever and cannot sleep.

I love Q=tips as well...and Buddy now requests that his ears be cleaned because it feels good!!

lsnellings said...

Poor Sweet Pea!! That is a brutal fever!

And ditto, on the bandaids...where do they go?

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh, poor little sweat pea! :(

HA! I never have band aides either... with 3 boys! What IS wrong with me? And my boys LOVE having the 'dirty ear' contest after their bath each night (or whenever I bathe them, which sometimes is not every night).

Brandi said...

Ahem, Sweet Pea! I was too worried about spelling 'pea' right with an 'ea' and not an 'ee' (especially with all the talk that is flying around my house right now ~ you don't even want to know) and I went and misspelled sweet! Arg! Well, it does sound like she's a little sweaty right now, though. ;) I hope she feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Yuck! I sure hope she gets to feeling better soon. For both your sakes :>)

Joyce

Jenilee said...

poor baby! we have had our fair share of not fun trips to urgent care or the er. I can relate! hope she feels better tomorrow :)

Suz said...

Oh Sweet Pea I am so sorry that you're not feeling well. I pray that you and your mommy get some rest!!!

Be careful with those Q-tips. I have a friend whose daughter had the same problem. Her ears got so full of wax that it was affecting her hearing and learning at school. Her mom cleaned her ears so much that the wax was totally blocking her hearing. I have been paranoid since, now with your story even more so.

Mom you deserve some hot coffee and a pedicure. Happy feet = happy mom.

Luvs

Suz

Michelle said...

Awww, those pictures make me want to cry. The cut that my eye thinks is dirt helps with that! :) The one of her on the stairs is just so sad. Mama bear in me is coming out!

I hope she's feeling better tomorrow and you get to spend your day with a happier little girl! I'll be praying for you tonight.

susan said...

Remember that poem? Peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold...

Sounds like today was Sweet Peas porridge hot. So sorry baby girl!

I loved the thoughts you had at the urgent care. I have the most random thoughts when I'm stuck in the waiting room.

Hugs to all!

Mummy McTavish said...

Oh no. Give your Sweet Pea an extra cuddle from us. I will pray that she is back to her happy little self soon.

I was relieved when we changed doctors and they didn't have a toy bucket for the kids... I always just figured doctors that offer kids toys in the waiting room are just making sure they keep in business. Sneaky.

Ditto on most of your waiting room thoughts.

Jewel said...

Aw, I hope Sweet Pea gets to feeling better, soon! It is so heart-wrenching to see them feeling so badly.

MotherT said...

Sure hope your Tuesday is LOTS better, and I really hope Sweet Pea is feeling better. Nothing can break the heart of a mom like a really sick child.

Huskerwife said...

Praying she is feeling better and you both got some sleep last night. We could have hung out as we are heading to the ENT this week for "L". When is starbucks going to start a delivery service?

Emily said...

Awe, poor Sweat Pea! I'm obsessed with q-tipping my kids' ears too.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Poor Sweet Pea. Being sick is the pits. Being the parent of a sick young-un isn't much better. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Ohhhh, that poor baby! I hope you all make it through...and can I say 'ditto' to all your randomness??? Whenever I need Motrin, I am out... same with bandaids...

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

As a mother of a child who has had his fair share of ear infections (11 in his first year of life) my heart aches for you.

The wax thing? yeah..he's got it all the time. The Q-tips can actually push the wax further down in the canal so the key is to just clean around the edge and get wax removal drops to help the ear flush the wax out itself. Some things I've been told anyhow.

David said...

Of all the things I hate to see, it is little kids sick.

Thanks for sharing a few thoughts - some of them made me smile.