Mrs. Nurse Boy here.
Is it Monday, already? Really? But, I never had a chance to get some extra sleep, or deep clean the house, or meal plan for the week. I guess I know what I'll be doing today...except for the extra sleep part...I am thinking I can catch up on that in 2020. Here's hoping!
On to my random thoughts of the week...
* Paper plates are my new best friends. I am not a fan of using paper plates on a daily basis, (or even a regular basis) but I found a huge package on clearance and I AM IN LOVE. Now to get the kids to pick them up at the end of a meal and throw them away before they run off to the sandbox for the 33rd time that day. Seriously, it is a 3 foot walk. How hard can that be?
* Don't answer that.
* Now I need to invest in disposable clothes and work myself out of a job around here.
* We survived our garage sale. Barely. Why does it always wipe me out? But, we made a pretty decent amount considering we sold our JUNK. Our basement looks so much better. Now, nothing new can be brought in. Ha! (You and I both know I will be the one to break that rule.)
* Sweet Pea did part with some of her old toys. The toys that she hasn't played with for months. Until she saw a price tag on them last week. She gave a few little girls the "evil eye" as they skipped down our driveway with their new found treasures. Hey, I didn't say she did it joyfully.
* Dimples got a new bike from Bubby and Papa this weekend. Is it stupid that I want to cry? When did my baby turn into a 9 year old? His bike is almost as big as mine. I am pretty certain that he will be taller than me by next year. He is growing up and I am not ready.
* The other day Sweet Pea said something funny at dinner. It was so funny that Nurse Boy and I were crying through our laughter. Bruiser, not missing a beat, shouts, "Mom, you should put that on your blog!"
* Hi, my name is Mrs. Nurse Boy and I am addicted to blogging.
* Bruiser has also asked me if he can have my blog when I die. That is about 8 kinds of wrong.
* On a more mature note...is that possible around here? We became members of our new church this weekend. I cannot describe how good that felt. I am excited for our future there...whatever it will be. It feels good to be plugged back in and to know that we are where we are supposed to be. It has been a big step for our entire family. A painful, difficult, exciting, positive, eye opening step. It is a relief that the decision is made and we are adjusting. Actually, it is refreshing.
6 hours ago