~Poop On Jelly~

Our Family's Bitter/Sweet Life



Friday, October 3, 2008

Buckle Up, Don't Pucker Up!

Mrs. Nurse Boy here.

Is it just me, or is anyone else out there worried about the teenage years? The thought of my children driving (gulp) or dating (double gulp) can almost put me into a nursing home decades before my time.

I really don't know which one of those milestones is worse; however, I have the perfect solution. I have a rule that I implemented the very day Dimples was placed into my loving arms. None of our children are allowed to drive or date until they are at least out of their booster seat. Apparently, that may not happen until they are about 25. Good for me!

Seriously, they keep changing the laws regarding booster seats. This week I heard they are now recommending that children remain in their boosters until the age of 12. That's right! 12! Now, don't get me wrong, I do consider myself an overprotective mother. I used to apologize for it, but I've accepted it. I now expect everyone else to accept it as well. But, seriously?! 12?!

The law has changed so many time since I've had Dimples, that I am almost certain that the kids will be in college before they learn how to drive or start dating. And, we are praying they will be AWAY at college. I am pretty sure this plan will keep us young! (Who needs Botox?)

The craziest thing about all of this is the simple fact I keep watching/reading news stories that suggest that car seats and boosters aren't even protecting our children as they claim. I don't even know what else to say to that but ARUGH...

Just remember, kids, there will be NO driving or dating until you are LEGALLY out of your booster... and, good luck with that! ;0)

No comments: